Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 9: The Twilight Zone

In today's post: Nut job politicians, the FBI, and mind control (sort of).
......plus
FRIDAY BONUS: 'Talking' cats. Seriously, this video is amazing & hilarious!
WEEKEND BONUS: Fainting Goats. Another great vid. Imagine vaso-vegal, but with goats!

Last night I dreamed that: I was in a blind fury and desparately wanted to throw things, violently pound down doors, and scream bloody murder. But I was frozen -- couldn't raise my voice above a whisper, couldn't make a first, couldn't find energy to match my rage. I even tried to call friends on my cell phone to get them to second my fury, but I couldn't punch in the right number, no matter how hard I tried.I finally just locked myself outside in the cold.

The bad news is: There's a candidate for U.S. Senate, who among other eff'ed up things, thinks homosexuality should be punishable by death. "Just like we have laws against murder, we have laws against stealing, we have laws against taking drugs -- we should have laws against immoral conduct," Keiser says. But wait -- there's more! He opposes evolution, believes global warming is not a real issue, and thinks we should convert Muslims to Christianity as part of the war on terror." At least one blogger is saying 'What the hell?!'
(Via Good As You)

But wait -- there's more! Here's another scary politician who thinks those damn homos are ruining 'merka. I personally think the "Twighlight Zone" music is quite fitting.
(Via Crooks & Liars)

The good news is: You can see if the FBI is spying on you. Here's the Freedom of Information Act request form. Of course, my particular brand of paranoia has the FBI only starting a file on me after they see I've requested to know if a file exists. What -- you thought I was sane. Didn't the 'dreams' section clue you in.
(via The Huffington Post)

May you live in interesting times:
"A computer controlled by the power of thought alone" was unveiled in Germany, according to New Scientist. If you know me, any sentence that has the phrase "by the power of thought alone" has got my attention. Of course, you just know people are just going to use the damn thing to make the computer type dirty words! Seriously, though, the hope is that it can help the paralyzed.
(Via Sploid)

Boom level:
Spooky music.

Tags: , , , , , ,,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?