Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Day 7: Aren't we all mutants of some kind?

In today's post: Perv teenager is lonely, human beings still mutating, and Klingon head ridges new fashion statement.

Last night I dreamed that: I was the guest in a house that looked like a mansion on the outside but was simply a maze of white-walled, square rooms inside it's cavernous space. I often found myself running up and down stairs to find the room where my shadowy host kept traipsing off to. One room in the maze was home to a gaggle of teenage girls who listened to hard-core rap and threatened my life whenever I was in earshot. Each time, I would always stomp to their door and ask, "What did you just say?!" And each time they would try to slam the door, but always catching one of the girl's hands in the door. The slam never seemed to hurt her, though. And I would walk away, still looking for my host -- and the way out.

The bad news is
: A Texas teenager has been arrested for breaking into homes of sleeping women and trying to get into bed with the sleepers, including one granny -- because, as he told one victim, "I don't want to sleep alone." The kid was naked and, when caught, cried "I want my mom." Wow -- equal parts scary and depressing.
(Thanks, Fark.)

The good news is: Humans are 'still evolving'. That was close! I thought we'd be a race of murderous, hating, selfish power-hungry morons until we blew ourselves up. Maybe there's still hope.....nah. For those who have NYT online subscriptions, see this longer article.
(Thanks Reddit)

May you live in interesting times:
Piercing is soooo last millennium. Body-modification may just be the new thing -- like fun subdermal implants that give you neat-o bumps of different designs under your skin, according to this Wired article. Check out the pics -- crazy! And of course there's a Star Trek connection: one of the....um...should I call them 'the implanted'?...said he was captivated by the weird alien of Star Trek, especially -- you guessed it --forehead ridges. Those trend-setting Klingons did it again! Hey, whatever makes you happy!
(Thanks Boing Boing)

Boom level:
A great sigh of despondency

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments:
I wonder how the teenager knew the women in the houses were sleeping? After all, not everyone is on the same schedule. Also, how did he know the houses were occupied by women, I mean, don't men live in houses also? And how did he break - in withoutwaking the occupants. The very phrase " break - in" seems to suggest a clamor to me. I do not think this young man is a pervert - I think he has a very special gift. He seems to know things a mere mortal could never know, he is able to do things I could never do. Might he be the messiah? Are we about to crucify our savior? Where is he, I want to learn from him, I want to follow him, I want to lie naked with grannies!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?