Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Day 3: I spy with my closed eyes


In today's post: Wire tapping news, a video that lashes out as Bush, and sharks as spies.

Last night I dreamed: I was an investigative reporter. Somehow I was investigating myself but didn't realize it. What's more, the people I was interviewing for my story were people I knew but they didn't recognize me. The story I was following: Identity theft.

The bad news is: "There is increasing evidence that there is more than one NSA program and that the program(s) not yet discussed publicly are far more extensive than the "terrorist surveillance program" described by the President and the Attorney General," according to the Democracy Arsenal blog. (thanks, Crooks and Liars.)

I'll just say that I won't be surprised if this is the tip of the iceberg.

The good news is: There's an intense video out there that excoriates Bush and others for, among other things, lying and war mongering. Set to the music of Madonna's "Please Don't Say Your Sorry," the video is a collage of harrowing images. While it's clearly meant to be a polemical stance, it's nonetheless striking.
(thanks, Boozhy. Via towleroad.)

May you live in interesting times: The Pentagon is apparently researching the possibility of using sharks (yes, sharks) as spies. New Scientist reports "The Pentagon hopes to exploit sharks' natural ability to glide quietly through the water, sense delicate electrical gradients and follow chemical trails. By remotely guiding the sharks' movements, they hope to transform the animals into stealth spies, perhaps capable of following vessels without being spotted." See also. (Thanks, http://www.boingboing.net)

Boom level: "
Tapping, tapping at my chamber door."

Tags: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?