Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Friday, March 31, 2006

Day 22: If only reality were a hoax



IMPORTANT Save the date request.
Please consider attending this important (AND FUN!) evening of cabaret, dance, song and laughter to celebrate the life of my friend John Beresford, who was killed last year. Visit here for all the details.


In today's post
:
Save the date, April Fools, photographic fooling, 36-hour days, and "The Institute for the Future."

Tomorrow is April Fool's Day
! Enjoy this list of The Top 100 April Fools Day Hoaxes of All Time.

Last night I dreamed that
:
I was forced into helping this old woman make organ pedals out of glass panes. The project took so long I missed a birthday celebration that had been planned for me. I was distraught over this and was ranting violently that I hated this woman for keeping me so long when she knew there was a party in my honor waiting for me. I also ran out of time to learn my lines for a play I was in. I had the role of a smart alecky youngster, but I kept forgetting my lines. The other cast members finally got tired of prompting me. And I was even forgetting my props and which costumes I was supposed to wear. I'd wear the old gray suit ('cause that's totally what kids wear!) instead of the pink and orange pajamas. I forgot my cane (again, huh?) in one scene and ad libbed that a schoolyard bully had taken it from me. (That got added into the show, actually.) And later I forgot a notepad prop so I pretended my wallet was a notepad. The show was horrible and I wanted to give the audience their money back. All because some woman needed me to help her make organ peddles out of glass panes. (Seriously, I'm not making this up!)

The bad news is
: There's no such thing as "reality" any more. Case in point: photos altered to suit political gains. Check out the deception for yourself.

The good news is:
Have you ever said, "There just aren't enough hours in the day!" Well, say no more. How to Have 36-hour days.

May you live in interesting times: The Institute for the Future. I want to see flying cars!


Links today via
Reddit

Boom level: Cacophony.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?