Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Day 21: Cracked crystal balls

In today's post: Fun with predictions.
(photo credit: NASA)

Last night I dreamed that: I was traveling to Iowa for a family reunion, but I feel asleep before we all got in the van we were traveling in. I didn't wake up until we were nearly there. As I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, I suddenly panicked -- where was my luggage. My sister-in-law assures me she packed it. "Wasn't it the one next to your door?" she asks. Then it hits me! That was the luggage I had packed all my meat from the butcher shop in. I have no clothes, toothbrush, soap,, shoes, books. Nothing but cut after cut of raw meat! Someone suggests turning around and going back for it, which is of course ridiculous.

The bad news is
: "Science" magazine author predicted in 1961 that earth would reach population capacity by 2026. A blogger tells us about it.

Also: When good asteroids go bad -- thoughts on what happens when someone cries the sky is falling and then it doesn't!


The good news is:
Not all predictions come true! Check out this AWESOME list of the TOP 87 predictions that never happened. I like the first one: Khrushchev's 1958 shoe-banging rant "We will bury you!" [I still maintain he was really shouting "These shoes don't fit!" and the translators just got carried away.]
(Via Reddit)

May you live in interesting times: People getting arrested in bars for drinking?!?!?! WTF? Have you heard about this? It happened in Texas. Whoever said Americans didn't like fascism! Check out this guy's blog post on the topic. He makes some great points! He starts out the post with, "
First they came for the drunks...but I wasn't drunk..." Of course, any comparison to the Holocaust is fraught with ill-considered hyperbole, but I think he makes his point.

Boom level: Hissing sound...is that a fuse burning down?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?