Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Day 17: Party's Over?


In today's post: Fascism in America?, procrastinators beware, and the weirdest pro-life statue you've ever seen, and bonus pictures of baby hedgehogs.

Please feel free to send links for me to include in future posts!

Last night I dreamed that: I was invited to a huge party hosted by some kind of visiting Spaniard contingent. We were in this huge cafeteria/auditorium and there were colorful felt flags (made by children) pinned to the walls and yellow and brown streamers hanging lazily from the ceiling. For some reason, I brought my laptop and a satchel full of books, and the whole night I kept losing them. The hosts, as in the people who were throwing the party, ranged from haughty society types to nut job freaks to the mentally challenged. At one point, Cher and Ted Kennedy stopped by and played basketball with some kids. (What a sight!) I wanted desperately to leave, but Anthony never seemed ready to go. And the long walk home through a foot of snow was not something I was looking forward to. Soon, I became like a zombie as I walked around so tired I could barely stand, knocking down the flags, bumping into people who couldn't speak English. Finally, someone came up to me and said, "Why are you still here? Go home. Party's over."

The bad news is
: The 12 Warnings Signs of Fascism --here it is in pictures. Check it out. Nuff said
(Via Reditt)

The good news is: The complete guide to beating procrastinating. Step one: stop reading blogs...um, er....I mean stop reading other people's blogs.

May you live in interesting times: Whatever your thoughts are on pro-life/pro-choice, this link will have you quite possibly running for the nearest shower screaming "I'll never be clean again" and will definitely have you shaking your head. Apparently, Britney Spears giving birth on a bear rug is the new pro-life message.
(Thanks, Wendy!)

THURS. BONUS: Fandango's first birthday is this weekend, so in her honor here's a page of pictures showing baby hedgehogs from birth through infancy. Once you get past the first picture, they're adorable. (Via Look at this)

Boom level: EEK!

Tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?