Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Friday, March 17, 2006

Day 14: Weird World

In today's post: Tracking tax trails, a thwarted mugging, and warped hegehogs.

Last night I dreamed that: I was alseep in a little lakeside cottage, but when I woke up the house, which had been filled with other guests, was empty, except for a dog. At first, I thought I'd just over-slept and they were all out on the beach. But soon I realized something was very wrong. I looked everywhere for clues to where they'd gone. Then, while on the porch, I heard a strange sound and saw a flying saucer descend from the sky. I ducked under the porch and hid. From this safe spot, I heard a grou of three aliens (with big googly eyes, long boxy, snout-like mouths and wearing clothes made of felt) talk about the fact that they'd kidnapped the others. I stowed away on their ship and made it back to their hideout. There, I snuck up behind one of them (who was now an obese teenage girl with long razor-sharp nails painted a gleaming white porcelain) and grabbed her around the neck, using her own nails as a threatening knife. I looked her in a bathroom and found some kitchen knives I then used to force the other aliens to take me back to the cottage. When I got back, the aliens also returned four others, who appeared to be non-descript TV characters -- a nanny and three shaggy-haired kids. Was it all some experiment?

What's up with the spacemen lately? Seriously, have I been abducted by aliens and am repressing it?!?!

The bad news is: Tax time is coming up. Want to be depressed at where our money goes? Check out this crazy visual map of how your tax dollars are spent. For a discussion and interesting thoughts on the map, go here.
(Via Boing Boing)


The good news is: Mugger gets run into the ground when he tries to steal from marathon runer. Boo-ya, sucker. I love it when these punks get what's coming to them!
(Via Fark)

May you live in interesting times: For those of you who've met my hedgehog, Fandango (see picture above), this will be especially wierd. Check out these creepy/funny/disturbing/bizarre pictures of baby hedgies photoshopped in amazing ways. You can vote on which one you like best.
(Via Fark)

Boom level: Balloon popping.

Tags: , , , , ,,,,,,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?