Loud noises are coming from under modernity's bed

Does it seem like strange days? This is a blog that chronicles the signs that a chthnoic boom is coming.

Chthnonic: pronounced 'thonik'; Of or relating to the underworld. [From Greek khthonios, of the earth, from khthōn, earth.]

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day 12: School Daze


In today's post: FBI fearful of peace-loving pamphleteers, NYT says no to Electoral College, and the biggest freakin' cats you've ever seen.

Hump day bonus: Easy ways to make yourself more clever.

Last night I dreamed that: I was back in the hallowed halls of Frankenmuth High, and I came upon a group of students who had formed a sort of a conga line and were marching in slow motion down the long corridors. For some reason, I felt compelled to join in their march, and we had to move so painstakingly slow and precise that my legs ached after just a few seconds. As we approached the gymnasium, I separated and went into the choir room where I began my search (why does it seem I'm always searching for something, hmm?) for a computer-like device that was split into many pieces and left in different areas around the school. I found one in the choir room -- it looked like a pencil sharpener. Among other places, I found the remaining pieces in the band room, the auditorium, and my dad's classroom (he was a teacher of mine in high school in reality). The other pieces looked like: an 8-track tape, a fishing reel, a bicycle bell, a cell phone AC-adapter, and a cylindrically-shaped mini-computer. I began putting the piecces together when my secret crush from high school appeared. He asked if I wanted to join his group of friends. We both skipped off to the gym where we ran laps, joyously. I never saw the device again and forget all about what it was meant for.

The bad news is: The ACLU says it has evidence that the FBI was investigating a peace group soley on the grounds that it was against the Iraq war and (GASP!) handing out fliers. Hmm. Yeah, we don't need to worry about illegal wire taps. Not at all. Our government is totally trust-worthy.

**** GO to Moveon.org and sign the petition to have Bush censured. ****

The good news is: No. More. College -- Electoral, that is. The New York Times calls for an end to the "antidemocratic relic" that is the Electoral College. Don't forget, Gore won the popular vote in 2000, but it was the Electotoral College that allowed Bush begin his historically-certified ruinous reign.

May you live in interesting times: When cats are fat and people are starving. I'm a true cat lover, but these pictures are scary. You ain't see fat cats -- I mean FAT cats -- until you've seen these. They look like they have a diet of babies and chihuahas.
(Via Look at This)


Boom level:
Hissing.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments:
highschool... those formative years impact our psyche so. I don't often have vivid, memorable dreams, but when I do they usually involve return to highschool (to complete that last required credit that was discovered I somehow missed). I didn't start having these until I had been out for at least ten years. What a time - for most people it was either their glory days or their misfit years. For me? probably a little of both. Why does highschool impact us so much more than undergrad, gradschool, post doc? I guess it just happens at the right time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?